Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Church



Before church on Sunday, Matt, Tiffany and I made sandwiches and snacks for the leadership meeting while Grace met with her group about the children's ministry. After the meeting, church started, and I tried to follow along with the beautiful Portuguese worship. Thankfully, the Portuguese letters are the same as English letters, so I could attempt to read along and pick out a few words that I understood. We listened to part of the sermon, and then we went upstairs to talk to the kids. Grace translated for me, and they had so many questions and were very excited to hear about Thailand, which is so different than Brazil. I brought a bunch of Thai snacks for them to try, and some of the kids liked them a lot, while others could barely take one bite. The Sunday school class all prayed for Thailand. I was very encouraged when afterwards, one of the moms told me that her kid had loved the presentation and were very excited to talk about Thailand and all she had learned.
Audrey said that her little sister went home and told her brother (who hadn't gone) that he had missed a very special day, and she had told him all everything about it as well. So Thailand is being prayed for by little kids in Brazil! How cool is that?



2 comments:

  1. How awesome that little kids are praying for Thailand in Brazil!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great experience and a lasting impact for the Kingdom!

    ReplyDelete